Last week was my first time as an exhibitor at a trade show!
The trade show in question was Naidex, a huge disability show at the NEC in Birmingham. I was there field testing and soft launching my new product Nimble, a one-finger inclusive package opener. (See more over on my business blog here).
The reason I had a space there was thanks to be friend Duncan from Equipable Ltd. who kindly offered to share his stand with me! We drove to Birmingham last Monday afternoon to get everything set up for the following day and on Tuesday it all kicked-off…
It’s safe to say the next three days at the show were both exhilarating and exhausting in equal measure. How? Well I spoke to hundreds of people over the course of the show and had on average one person sign up to either be a tester or get email updates every 6 minutes!
The highlights for me? There were so many but here are my top 5.
- The sheer volume of people that were as excited as me about the product (200+)
- The number of people that asked to buy one then and there… despite the products shown being prototypes!
- The 100+ people that volunteered to be product testers on the spot
- Several healthcare professionals telling me Nimble was the best thing at the show
- Meeting Baroness and Paralypic champion Tanny Grey-Thompson
- Being asked to feature in a national magazine this summer.
What a blast! I can’t wait to exhibit at my next trade-show and thankfully it’s looking like this will be happening soon!
Want to find out more about Nimble? Read my in-depth post over on the Version 22 website here.